Assistant Academic Advisor/ Recruiter
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Academic Advisor/ Recruiter is primarily responsible for advising students of their academic progress and assisting with center recruiting efforts.
Duties and Tasks:
- Represent the university/center at recruiting events and career days.
- Actively seeks out networking and community events to recruit students, at minimum one small event per week and one large event per month.
- Meets with potential students and advises them on academic programs available.
- Mediates minor classroom conflict and miscommunication.
- Manages mass messaging system to remind students to get registered.
- Plans and executes two information session every 8 weeks.
- Plans and executes new student orientations every 8 weeks.
- Processes admissions applications, transcript related documents and tuition sponsorship paperwork.
- Assists new and returning students with course selection.
- Registers students in Datatel system through multi-screen process.
- Maintains and updates student files, including, but not limited to:
- Tracks graduation application and ensures all requirements have been met for degree conferral.
- Compiles or assists with student paperwork (Program Update Requests, graduation applications, clearance, etc.).
- Tracks student course loads.
- Encourages students to register for correlating courses needed for their major.
- Follows up on retention efforts including but not limited to: students not registered for a particular term, students failing their current course and advises ways to improve.
- Assists in the recruiting efforts of the center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Academic or other counseling background preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Customer focused.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and utilize various computer programs.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.