Job Description Summary
This role is primarily to assist the Area Director as needed with the progression of the Center. This includes the following: training for staff and faculty, support for the operations processes, hiring and termination decisions as well as adjunct class scheduling.
Duties and Tasks:
- Provide leadership and coordination of the academic and administrative activities of the center
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all personnel and administrative functions for optimal productivity
- Assist in implementing all academic, fiscal, and human resources policies
- Oversee the creation of term schedules including assignment of instructors and classrooms
- Planning of studies and projects that support the Center's goals and objectives
- Provide academic advice that will assist prospective and current students achieve their academic goals
- Recruiting of new qualified faculty as needed
- Maintain accurate and timely record management
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated academic administration experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.