Front Desk/Events Assistant (AAII)
We are seeking an extremely reliable, organized, personable, professional and accountable Front Desk Receptionist and Office Assistant. This person is responsible for being the face of LASP. As a member of the Operations Support and Services Department, your role is to not only assist with visitors, and redirect phone calls, you will also act as an extension of LASP and be the personal representative of the lab for visitors and facilitate our employees in achieving the mission and vision of LASP.
A key responsibility of this position is meeting and event support, the coordination of event details with the host and/or coordinator, vendor interaction, scheduling of location, providing support services, and proactively assisting as required to make our events professional and successful.
Who we are:
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) develops, designs, and builds instruments and spacecraft for space-based observations of the Sun, Earth, and planets. LASP has built instruments and participated in missions to every planet in the solar system.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Plan LASP events from conception through to completion
- Event planning, design and production while handling all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Additionally this role will also be tasked with coordinating inter-office functions such as weekly coordination of coffee gathering held for all employees, students, and visitors
- Other tasks include: Provide excellent Communication to the lab on event details and dates, ensure catering closet is stocked, organized, and clean, and purchase all events supplies
- Secure LASP buildings by monitoring entryway for non-LASP persons.
- Welcome visitors/non-LASP persons by assisting with badges and parking permit creation, including logging in and out of visitors
- Maintain export control requirements by requesting citizenship/permanent residency status on visitor logs and appropriately badging U.S. and non-U.S. persons
- Manage and maintain, through coordination with HR, badge access to all LASP buildings through the Ccure access system
- Perform a yearly audit of access to buildings and labs
- Obtain approval for key distribution to new and existent employees and distribute keys to new employees
- Collect payment and distribute LASP daily/weekly parking permits, including distribution of permits for
- LASP events
- Update and keep track of permit log, including records of those who bought permits and number of permits sold
- Serve as Parking Liaison with Parking and Transportation Services
- Distribute LASP mail into individual mailboxes on a daily basis
- Coordinate distribution of internal LASP mail, including delivering mail to the various LASP buildings
- Maintain LASP vehicles by auditing and keeping track of car log
- Ensure LASP vehicles get filled with gas and taken in for routine maintenance
- Order office supplies and ensure office supply closet and areas are updated, organized, and maintained
- Manage and coordinate with OIT on all new or change phone orders
- Complete campus "run" by delivering urgent LASP mail, cash deposits, keys, and other items to main campus buildings/departments
- Assist HR in processing of new hires, including taking new hires to the Buff OneCard office
What you should know:
This section should include information regarding expected OT, shift (if outside 8-5 standard office hours), weekend work, travel, expected hours per week if not FT, etc.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $34,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be inventive. Be pioneering. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Two years of general clerical experience
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply
What you will need:
- Eager to learn
- Team player
- Willing to go above and beyond without being asked
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to be a part of and support a team
- Facility in handling complex and concurrent tasks
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Professional demeanor
- Good verbal and written communication and phone skills are required, including a professional phone manner
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomacy and an ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups at all levels is required
- The ability to meet deadlines and retain a calm and personable demeanor while handling a busy reception area with constant interruptions is essential
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
What we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Portfolio of previously managed events (meetings, parties, corporate events)
- 1 year prior experience in an Academic or Service Industry environment
- Demonstrated excellence in managing project work preferably in a research institute or academic setting
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 27, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12892.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Mar 13, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 27, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00723546