Head Line Cook
Campus Dining Services welcomes applications for a Head Line Cook. The Head Line Cook position is a hands-on working culinary position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operating to the BOH Dining Attendants. This position, under the general supervision of the Sous Chef and Kitchen Manager, exists to prepare, assign and delegate standardized recipe preparation, ensuring quality, A9 and food safety standards are followed in their specific assigned production area, all while offering exceptional customer service in a team-driven and supported environment. This position is responsible for facilitating break schedules for the aforementioned areas based upon organizational needs and staff schedules, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
Who we are:
CDS strives to elevate on-campus cuisine to its delicious full potential by providing creative, tasty and health-conscious food options to the entire CU community. Our talented culinary professionals and state-of-the-art facilities allow us to develop menus that meet a multitude of tastes and deliver food beyond expectations.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Kitchen Prep and Operation:
- Prep, assemble, and delegate food preparation tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service standards as appropriate.
- Follow and enforce set food safety protocol in all areas of oversight.
- Ensure cleanliness and quality of all BOH service areas.
- Successfully pass ServSafe.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with customer needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and productive demeanor.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Follow all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures, request labels, and recognize allergen errors.
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including avoidance of cross contact, and report concerns to Sous Chef and Kitchen Manager.
- Serves on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Train new staff members, both full time and student employees.
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of control.
- Make scheduling recommendations and alert management of holes in the personnel roster as necessary.
- Hold others accountable, following progressive discipline process.
- Discuss staff issues with Shift Supervisor and Lead Service Manager.
What you should know:
- This is an essential services position. The incumbent will be required to report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $29,760.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be impactful. Be proactive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- At least two years of BOH food service experience.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What you will need
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
What we'd like you to have:
- Servsafe Certified.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 12, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12786.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Mar 1, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 12, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00724715