Tool Room Attendant
Department: Automotive Technology
Reports To: Program Manager, Automotive Technology
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req27
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT101-18
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday and Wednesday night from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Number of Openings: 1
Provides support to the Advanced Automotive Technology Center. Ensures that all shop tools and equipment are clean and stored in the proper location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checksout and distributes tools and equipment
- Prepares written notification of broken or damaged tools and equipment
- Inspects shop area to ensure that all tools and equipment are placed in the proper location
- Prepares detailed order forms to replace consumable shop supplies
- May prep class vehicles, e.g. inspecting, washing and charging batteries
- Assists the faculty and program manager as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of previous work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- A basic working knowledge of automobiles needed to prep classroom vehicles
- Must be dependable and a selfstarter
- Good human relations, communications, and customer service skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Special Note:This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 02. Part time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
A Human Resources representative is available to assist you Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (216) 987-4831 or send an email to [email protected].