Assistant Manager of Athletic Game Day Operations
The Athletics Department at CU Boulder is now accepting applications for an Assistant Manager of Athletic Game Day Operations! This position will provide a high level of professional assistance to the Assistant Athletic Director for the Coors Events Center. This position will be responsible for coordinating the set up and break down of game day operations including the indoor practice facility as well as other athletic venues. Other responsibilities include: event preparation and event management; planning and management of various projects; procurement and contract management; building management; cleaning, health and safety; communication and management of a student work force. This position will also coordinate student workers and organizations to enhance the game environment under the current NCAA Division I guidelines and initiatives.
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Game Day Operations
- Oversee, implement and manage the set up and break down of Gameday Operations within Athletic Department venues for all intercollegiate, campus, special and external events.
- Supervise students during events to complete tasks.
- Oversee vendors and contractors to confirm and coordinate work; review documents for work requests for FacMan.
- Manage budget control for work requests.
- Identify areas of improvement after completion of events.
- Track inventory of equipment.
- Use sound decision making when determining cost preventive measures when planning for improvement and maintenance within the facility.
- Ensure a positive experience at Athletics events.
- Serve as point of contact for facilities management, external relations, law enforcement and concessions.
- Make personnel and fiscal recommendations to the Assistant Athletics Director.
Game Day Preparation
- Assist athletics personnel in the planning, management, and operation of campus and outside events held in athletic facilities.
- Create and maintain the operations manuals for game day operations.
- Interpret and advise coaches and staff members on policies and procedures that pertain to game day operations.
- Train and manage Athletic Facilities Attendants.
- Revise and maintain data sheets, brief sheets, operations timelines, publications, and policies such as visiting team guides, official's guides and locker room locations.
- Work in conjunction with other university departments such as Campus Police, Buffalo Sports Properties and Athletics Marketing to arrange technical requirements for events.
- Hire, train, supervise, manage and mentor all student employees so that they can become integral personnel within the department.
- Track and manage student payroll budget and submit payroll for all student employees with assistance of the Assistant Athletic Director of the Coors Events Center.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Manager of Athletic Operations (CEC) and the Assistant Manager of Operations and Facilities, this position will develop and implement a sustainable plan for events and day to day operations that encourages the purchase of recycled materials, coordinate various waste streams (Trash, Compost, Recycling), apply new construction and architectural energy efficiencies, and create a sustainable environment.
- Verify that green initiatives are being enacted and work with all university departments to improve green outcomes.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise. Urgent issues that come up may not be expected. These issues may not by facility related, but may be athletic program related within regards to practices and competitions. Emergency issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but none the less are the highest of priorities and should be dealt with accordingly.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $44,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be driven. Be impactful. Be game-changing. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Athletic Facilities and Operations & Event Management.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two years' experience in Athletic Facilities and Operations & Event Management.
- One year of experience in game day operations.
- Supervisory experience.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 26, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12696.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Athletics
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Mar 13, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 26, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00723758