WISADDS RESEARCH PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB NO.: 93689-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Management/Supervisory, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93689-AS
Working Title: WISADDS Research Program Manager
Official Title: RESEARCH PROG MGR II(P70NM)
Hiring Department: A348700-VCRGE/WAISMAN/WAISMAN
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a related area; A Master's degree in Public Health, Child Development, Psychology or related field is highly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Qualified applicants will have the following required work experience:
- More than four years' experience in a research setting (research experience related to developmental disabilities, public health, child development or pediatrics is highly preferred).
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing a project or research program.
- Database or data management experience.
Well-qualified candidates will have the following preferred experience:
- Experience managing sponsored projects and budgets.
- Experience in development, submission and administration of grant proposals.
- Experience with Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements and submissions.
- Experience with statistical analyses is a plus.
- Ability to self-motivate, excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with Microsoft Access and SQL database management.
- Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred.
License or certificate:
The Waisman Center is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about human development, developmental disabilities,
and neurodegenerative diseases throughout the lifespan. One of only 14 centers of its kind in the United States, the Waisman
Center encompasses laboratories for biomedical and behavioral research, a brain imaging center, and a clinical biomanufacturing facility for the production of pharmaceuticals for early stage human clinical trials. In addition to its research efforts, the Center provides an array of services to people with developmental disabilities, offers numerous educational and outreach programs to young children and their families, and trains scientists and clinicians who will serve our nation in the future.
The Research Program Manager is a staff member of the Epidemiology of Developmental Disabilities, University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) work unit, at the Waisman Center. This position will serve as the research program and administrative manager for the Wisconsin Surveillance of Autism and other Developmental Disabilities System (WISADDS), a project funded as part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network. WISADDS is a public health project that conducts population-based, multi-source surveillance of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and cerebral palsy (CP) among children in a 10-county area of southeastern Wisconsin. The Research Program Manager will provide leadership, program, staff and project management.
- A Criminal Background Check will be performed.
- Must complete HIPAA training and receive certification within the first 5 days of employment and annually thereafter within 5 days of notification.
- Reporting requirements must be completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to effort reporting and outside activities reporting.
Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Occasional in-state travel required; occasional out-of-state travel required. A valid driver's license that meets UW Risk Management Standards is required, or the incumbent must provide his/her own transportation to sites. Must uphold strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the application process. You will be asked to upload a resume, cover letter and a list of references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 13 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time