Requisition # 2018-8561
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Finance Manager is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day financial operations of the Princeton Neuroscience Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulation and recommendation of annual administrative budget for the Institute, core facilities and endowed departmental accounts.
- Creation and maintenance of Institute accounting and recording procedures to ensure efficient and accurate information system and exercise resource stewardship.
- Analysis of financial data and preparation of financial information for annual reporting
- Oversight, tracking and reconciling operating accounts, unrestricted funds, and endowment income accounts.
- Oversight and/or approval of all purchases, invoices, travel reimbursements, departmental expense cards, and expenses for other Institute initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with intended purpose for endowed funds as indicated in deed of gift.
- Financial oversight of recharge centers including developing rates with Treasurer's Office, budgeting, reconciliation or accounts and ensuring efficient use of funding.
- Processing and approval of labor accounting transactions; track salary and commitments.
- Approval of expenditures in accordance with account restrictions.
- Work closely with affiliated departments and other programs to manage and reconcile the financial dealings of projects.
- Attends all relevant training classes and stay current with changes in policies, procedures and processes pertaining to financial management.
- Oversee gift accounts, faculty start-up, and research rebate accounts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 4-6 years' accounting or business experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to take initiative, self-motivate and function autonomously
- Ability to make judgments and ensure compliance with financial policies
- Demonstrated ability to create and manipulate financial data and perform analysis in Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail in performing quantitative analysis
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of personnel and salary information
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Experience with setting and managing complex budgets
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, PRIME financial reporting, journal entry process, Information Warehouse, and Labor Accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with University Resources (Dean's Offices, Provost's Office, Treasurer's Office, OIT)
- Familiarity with Princeton's administrative procedures and policies
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.