Visiting Assistant Professor of Teacher Education (early childhood education)
Qualifications for this position include a terminal degree in early childhood education or closely related field, a strong command of related academic content, and three years of school experience working with preschool through third grade. Candidates are expected to teach four courses per semester and participate in service to the department, school, and/or profession. Preference will be given to candidates with doctoral degrees and solid experiences and passion for working with children and families from diverse backgrounds, and developmentally appropriate practice in literacy and/or science.
Position Type Visiting
School/Area School of Education, Health, and Human Performance
Department Teacher Education
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Date 03/13/2018
Closing Date 04/14/2018
Open Until Filled? No
Posting Number F2016106P
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/7150
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is your level of interest in a long term career in Higher Education?
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Post and Courier
- Word of mouth
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Job fair
- Hiring Our Heroes (linkedIn)
- SC Works (SC Department of Employment and Workforce)
- Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Undergraduate Transcripts
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Research and Professional Development Statement
- Sample Publication 1
- Sample Publication 2
- Student Course-Instructor Reviews
- Other Document
- Reference List