The Market Food Service Supervisor
$36,600 - $63,300
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Food Service Supervisor assists in planning, organizing and managing day to day activities, work assignments, customer service and maintenance functions in a Dining Retail or Residential facility. The position participates in the selection, training, supervision and performance evaluation of assigned staff (including custodial and maintenance functions); reviews unit budgets to ensure proper fiscal controls; supervises the ordering, receiving, storage and issuing of all assigned products, along with the planning and service of all assigned menu items. Develops creative methods of displaying and merchandising products to generate revenue under the guidance of the General Manager.
Working skills to provide effective interpersonal and work supervision guidance to other personnel and work effectively with partners on joint projects.
Working knowledge in food service and sanitation regulations.
Basic mathematical and cash control skills to accurately complete drawer counts and prepare deposits.
Effective skills to be able to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing using tact and diplomacy with staff, management and customers. Ability to compose written documentation using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Working verbal and written communication skills in the English language, including active listening, dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, and ability to multi-task and ensure productive time management.
Working knowledge to make appropriate decisions, reasoning skills, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and conduct basic operations analysis and quality control analysis.
Intermediate computer application skills to include food service applications such as point of sale and inventory control software.
Knowledge of Production Management principles and food production, including sanitary and safety standards, cost control and expense analysis, food selection and ordering.
Present or previous involvement with the National Association of College and University Food Service (NACUFS).
Knowledge of and/or experience working in a union environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview