A Recreation Therapist plans, implements, coordinates, and participates in the
conducting of therapeutic recreational activities for client groups. Therapists conduct assessments, make treatment recommendations specific to the discipline and client needs, and communicate this information to appropriate team members. Therapists
function as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team managing delegated
aspects of clinical client issues. Patient responses and progress are communicated
via rounds, written documentation, staff meetings and case conferences. The
therapist is also responsible for ordering, storing, tracking, and resolving issues
related recreation equipment.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist
This position may require sitting, standing, and/or walking for an extended period.
Shift will vary. Candidates will need to be available day, evening, weekend and holiday per departmental need.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Recreation Therapist within a hospital.
In addition, this candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's Degree and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a Recreation Therapist.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter