The Transport Nursing Assistant is a member of the nursing team and works under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager and the Charge Nurse. Information gained from patients, patients' records, other nursing staff members, or other department staff members is highly confidential.
The Transport Nursing Assistant will support the movement of patients throughout the clinical system. The Transport Nursing Assistant will be responsible for assisting in lifting and transporting patients using proper body mechanics, safe operation of equipment, and use of a computer tracking program. The transporter will treat all customers and clinical staff with respect and courtesy. Responsibilities also include organizing, tracking, and storing of equipment. Appropriate infection control practices will also be followed.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and over; regularly standing and walking with objects up to 25lbs; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for long periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); regular risk of back injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients; occasional exposure to loud noises, temperature extremes, hazardous chemicals and fumes, radiation, and blood borne/air borne pathogens; and occasionally dealing with combative or violent people.
Second shift, 1PM-9PM with weekends and holidays as needed by the department.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail; basic computer usage skills; organizational skills; the ability to follow instructions; the ability to work independently; strong safety and cleanliness awareness skills; and have the ability to lift, push, and/or pull 50lbs and over.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous healthcare experience and CPR certification preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50 pounds. Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodation?
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have working with patients, doctors, nurses, etc.?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Briefly describe your PAID experience working with patients or patient transport.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have patient care experience?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter