Sr. Vice President and CFO
Requisition Number STA - 201000000600
Job Title Sr. Vice President and CFO
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Sr. Vice President and CFO.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The Senior Vice President and CFO reports to the President for UNT Dallas and provides stewardship over all operations of the University, use of financial and administrative services, advises the President on all matters, including financial issues, and is responsible for delivering support services to enhance the educational mission of the campus. The Senior Vice President will serve as a senior member of the President's Cabinet.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manages all financial planning and financial analyses, the handling of investments, and appropriate controls and reports.
- Coordinates and supervises the development of institutional operating budgets.
- Administers the approved budget, authorizing appropriate budget adjustments as needed to carry out the normal operations of the campus.
- Ensures that monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, and that all staff have the training that they need to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
- Observes safety, security and confidentiality precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the financial and business operations of UNT Dallas as assigned.
- Oversees and directs the following departments: Budget and Finance, Controller, Purchasing, Budgets, Facilities Services, Police, and Risk Management.
- Coordinates the development of the Legislative Appropriations Request with the President; develops evidence and testimony in support of the request to various state agencies and the Legislature.
- Administers all business and financial aspects of the campus to include development and administration of interagency contracts and financial relationships.
- Exercises prudent management practices, and authorizes exceptions to regular purchasing and payment policies when appropriate and within existing laws.
- Recommends ways to link appropriation and operating budget requests to campus planning.
- Represents UNT Dallas in matters related to the business and financial management of the institution.
- Provides leadership and oversight of institutional effectiveness efforts including the use of evaluation results and linking results to planning.
- Participates in development, public service, fund raising activities, and other activities which support the mission of the campus.
- Promotes diversity within units to support existing campus programs designed to create a welcoming environment for everyone.
- Hires, trains, monitors, and conducts scheduled evaluations of the work performance of employees supervised.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a master's degree with emphasis in business administration, financial management or related fields, and at least ten (10) years of experience in progressively more responsible senior level finance and administrative management positions in higher education and/or business; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Must have the ability to plan, develop, evaluate and advise on the impact of long range financial planning.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- CPA or CMA.
- Significant experience in Texas higher education.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience in progressively more responsible senior level finance and administrative management positions in higher education?
- 7 -9
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)