Assistant Football Coach
Position Title: Assistant Football Coach
Position Number: 006094
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Posting Number: 0401211
SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty)
Job Category: Professional
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The primary purpose of the Department of Athletics is to provide a program of intercollegiate athletics for students at the university. The Department of Athletics accepts the challenge of creating an environment whereby student-athletes are both progressing academically in a degree program leading towards graduation and competing athletically against the highest level of competition. Each student-athlete is viewed as an individual whose general health, fitness and emotional development are of significant value. The Department of Athletics takes pride in its compatibility with the mission! of the university and recognizes the opportunity to give Fayetteville State University recognition on the state, regional and national levels.
Description of Work Continued:
Primary Purpose of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, implement, and administer all activities associated with the university's NCAA Division II football program in the Department of Athletics. The position will provide leadership, direction, management, and coordination of all activities in concert with the mission of the university.
The general details inherent to the principle functions of the position are as follows:
1. Assist in recruitment of talented student-athletes specifically in Union, Gaston, Hertford and Bertie counties in North Carolina; Performs any duties pertaining to recruiting established by the HFC
2. Assist in the administration and supervision of the program with developing the team for sport competition
3. Assist with planning, conduct, and oversight of daily practice of student-athletes with specific emphasis on running backs
4. Prepare weekly offensive scouting reports
5. Attendance at all team contests, home and away.
6. Aids with housing of students in University Place Apartments
7. Promote the university, the Athletic Department and the football team through public relations activities and the Sports Information Office
8. Maintain a professional level of conduct, including compliance with Conference and NCAA legislation
9. Attend and participate in departmental, conference, and college-wide meetings related to duties and responsibilities
10. Assist the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics with fundraising and in additional responsibilities as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree preferred. Must possess 3 -5 years collegiate coaching experience with demonstrated effective leadership, oral and written communication skills, and strong coaching and recruiting skills.
Player experience at collegiate level preferred.
Closing Date: 03/14/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High school graduate, diploma or the equivalent
- Some college credit, no degree
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional/Graduate degree
- * How many years of collegiate coaching experience do you possess?
- Less than 3 years
- 3-5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have player experience at the collegiate level?
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.