Director of Product Management
Director of Product Management
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience in product management and the technical abilities required to work directly with development team members, stakeholders and product managers. Expertise in Learning Management Software and software development are required.
- Demonstrated experience as a successful product manager for software products.
- Experience with agile development and episodic release cycles.
- Team player, with a history of thought leadership.
- Strong analytic background in the areas of learning management systems, software development and web services.
- Successfully support product managers and analysts to execute on the vision and roadmaps for WGU products.
- Maintain and build relationships with business owners, stakeholders, team members and key vendors.
- Oversee selection and sourcing of WGU software.
- Monitor KPIs and direct effective action to promote successful business outcomes
- Utilize customer feedback and competitive data to direct business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to collect requirements and synthesize a compelling product strategy.
- Great people management skills.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with demonstrated success in software product management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in learning management systems
- Effective leader and practitioner who is able to inspire people to create measureable results.
- Strong project planning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with dynamic deadlines.
Leadership Principles and Competency Requirements:
- Student Obsession – Keeps our mission core to all decisions, doesn’t lose sight of our end goal. Strives to live up to our WGU promise.
- Leadership – Inspires and develops team members to do their best work, recognizing individual and team contributions. Builds cohesive and productive work and project teams in order to achieve the required outcomes.
- Business Alignment - Aligns the direction, products, services, and performance of a product with the rest of the organization.
- Innovation - Develops new insights into situations and applies different solutions to make improvements. Expects fresh, big, bold thinking and looks for new ideas everywhere.
- Judgement - Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on fact rather than emotion; analyzes problems skillfully; uses logic to reach solutions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Earn Trust - Earns trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Listens genuinely, speaks directly, treats others with respect.
- Cross-department Collaboration - Works cooperatively with multiple departments, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information, and achieve results.
- Urgency/Deliver Results – Responds to and acts on all challenges in a timely manner. Focuses on desired outcomes, sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics all a plus.
- 10 years of product management experience, preferably working in a distributed, fast-paced environment, managing multiple teams.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States