• Attends Event Planning meetings as necessary to develop menu and services suggestions
• Coordinates with Purchaser ordering of food and non-food items.
• Maintains accurate records for billing purposes, including items from outside vendors.
• Prepares test recipes for new items, implements changes after approval from Exec Sous Chefs
• Coordinates production of all food items for events. Coordinates with bake shop all dessert and bread items.
• Stages service areas for buffet, or individual display cooking
• Supervises staff and student employees at events
• Provides table etiquette training for student workers and staff
• Coordinates with Operations Manager in the development ofon Husson University's Catering menus, pricing and online ordering system
• Supervises setup/breakdown of foodservice areas at events
• Provides accurate billing information in a timely fashion
• Receives and posts Catering information from both internal and external guests
• Responds to guest requests and information in a timely fashion
• Functions as Production Chef at Events
• Assists in production and menu development of Grab N Go area
• Follows all Local, State, and Federal Food Safety requirements
• Assumes role of Sous Chef in their absence
• Coordinates resources with Assistant Director of Event Planning and Summer Programs
• Provides support to all areas of the Dining Operation as required.
Education: Associate Degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality preferred, a combination of education and experience may be considered
Experience: Five years experience in high volume catering in retail or institutional setting. Serve Safe Certification or eligible.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:Valid Maine Drivers License, Good organizational and time management skills. Experience in billing and menu pricing. Ability to work with a diverse clientele