DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains and toilets.
• Assists in the maintenance and repairs of hot water heaters, pumps, control valves, heat exchangers, and related controls.
• Enters and tracks maintenance work orders using computerized maintenance management system, including work status, labor and materials.
• Assists in the maintenance and repairs, of heating, cooling, humidification, and filtering equipment and systems such as fans, heat pumps, fan coil units, rooftop packages air conditioning units, solar panels, electronic and pneumatic modulating thermostats, pressure and volume controls.
• Fabricates tubing or piping for pneumatic control systems, which may involve soldering, brazing, welding, etc.
• Operates energy management or building automation systems that control heating and cooling systems.
• Reads and records gauge readings on various types of equipment.
• Performs minor repair or modification work on heating and cooling systems and controls, including ordering the materials, supplies, and equipment required.
• Inspects work site and plans work with consideration for impact on other trades and occupants.
• Must be able to participate in on-call duty rotation.
• Assists in snow removal from roads and walkways using snow plows, snow blowers and other equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance in an effort to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime performs related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Ability to repair and maintain plumbing systems, replace defective washers, replace or repair broken pipes, and opening clogged drains and toilets.
• High-pressure boiler operator's license preferred.
• Ability to use hand tools and testing/measuring devices associated with this position.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings and technical instructions.
• Ability to accurately maintain equipment inventory and history records.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and to present facts clearly, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to respond to after-hour call-ins for snow removal operations and/or other emergencies in a timely manner.
• Must possess a valid Maine driver's license.
• Must be able to work well independently or as part of a team and adhere to university policies.
• Must have regular and punctual attendance.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and nights when required.
Experience: Six years related experience and/or training preferred.
Experience using computers, basic tools and equipment related to this job description required.
Knowledge of natural gas and propane preferred.
Maine Journeyman plumber license required (Master preferred)