Market Activator (Remote - Northwest)
- Meet regularly with constituents in the region to understand the needs and desires of local alumni, parents and friends.
- Communicate with unit-based engagement team members and log details of alumni interactions in contact reports to build a shared awareness of local alumni across all advancement functions.
- Using information they have collected and stewarded, supports the University of Denver to make data-driven decisions for targeted outreach to local alumni.
- Identify, cultivate and sustain networks of alumni, parents and friends within local markets to increase engagement through in-person interactions and philanthropic commitments.
- Meet one-on-one and in small groups with local members of the Pioneer family to learn more about their unique needs, desires, and sentiments toward the University.
- Leverage existing programs and create new opportunities to engage the local community.
- During key moments in the life of the university (such as signature events, campus leadership interactions within the region, and campaign-related activities), convert and activate networks into audiences to deepen the commitment of individuals to DU.
- Engage local alumni, parents and friends as volunteers and deepen their commitment and sense of ownership toward specific goals, programs and activities.
- Effectively manage the regional engagement operating budget, including monitoring transactions, promoting policy compliance, and assisting in budget modeling and forecasting processes.
University & DU Advancement Citizenship
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Collaborate closely with campus-based advancement colleagues and operate within the established framework of DU Advancement goals and priorities.
- Contribute to team success and model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
- Exceptionally high level of customer service skills.
- Adept at using judgment and discretion in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to develop and hone a deep understanding of the University of Denver, and to foster that understanding in a remote capacity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of community engagement, membership management, or professional volunteer leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with colleagues in other departments/teams to produce events, marketing materials, and other key deliverables.
- Live in, or be willing to relocate to, San Francisco, CA
- Ability to travel regularly within the region and quarterly to Denver.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in a University or similar non-profit environment.
- Prior experience working in a regional model.
- Established knowledge of the University of Denver.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m, some nights and weekends required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, March 26, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Kristin Love at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.