American River College
Job Posting Number: C00544P
Salary: $3,424.12 per month Plus shift differential
Closing Date: 04/03/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6588
The working lead level class of the series. Incumbent, under general direction, assigns and reviews the work of a group of custodians, and personally performs cleaning duties and minor repair work. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Operations department.
● Oversees the work of a crew of custodians when no high level custodial supervision is available.
● Distributes custodial supplies.
● Performs custodial duties and has responsibility for a regularly assigned cleaning area.
● Moves equipment and furniture for classroom changes and set-ups for college and community events.
● Locks and unlocks doors, gates, windows.
● Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards.
● Performs minor maintenance on instructional equipment, window latches, door hinges and locks.
● Maintains equipment used in the course of work.
● Assists in restoration of buildings and grounds during summer and vacation periods.
● May receive, check and unload supplies.
● Keeps records and submits reports.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of custodial work experience preferably including a year as lead custodian.
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios Community College District performing duties at the level of a custodian. (Promotional applies to regular current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.