Director of Student Activities
Director of Student Activities
Closing Date/Time: 4/6/2018
Salary: $87,895.00 - $104,951.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Enrollment Services
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees the operation and activities of the student activities department and the development of department goals and vision.
- Serves as advisor to the student government association (ASBC) and the Inter Club Council (ICC); provides guidance regarding budget management, leadership development and shared governance; approves requests for student clubs and organizations to use campus facilities.
- Collaborates with faculty advisors to provide training and support.
- Develops and evaluates program and activity-based student learning outcomes.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of all annual program budgets, including the ASBG, ICC, and department of Student Activities.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Attends all ASBG and ICC meetings, field trips and events.
- Reviews contract to ensure that student clubs and organizations are complying with campus policies and procedures and liability expectations.
- Creates and updates District policies and procedures related to student clubs and activities.
- Serves on various campus committees and work groups as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Methods and techniques of developing and implementing student programs, services and activities
- Regulations, principles, and practices of effective student government and student activities
- Methods and techniques of leadership, management, organization and supervision
- Methods and techniques of negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration
- Instructional methods
- Event planning
- Computers and software applications that support managements systems and student services functions
- Applicable state and federal laws and District policies, procedures, and current educational and student support services
- Manage a collegiate student activity program in an effective, competent and economical manner; direct the activities of and provide leadership for assigned program and services
- Develop and monitor an operational budget
- Plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate program activities; continuously review services and implement modifications as needed
- Collaborate with other administrators, college staff, community and professional groups, and all segments of the student body.
- Represent the college in meetings with community groups and committees and maintain effective contact with representatives of business, industry, and government
- Manage and resolve issues, complaints, and conflicts effectively
- Make presentations to various groups as necessary
- Coordinate multiple project activities and tasks
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Compile data and prepare reports
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of students and staff
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students, staff, and the general public.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in education, psychology, business administration, guidance counseling, sociology, or reasonably related field; and
- Three (3) years related experience and one (1) year of leadership or supervisory experience.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.