Instructional Support Assistant – Technical Support Specialist
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Information Technology Services, seeks a full-time Technical Support Specialist (TSS) (State Title: Instructional Support Assistant), to provide computer support and technical assistance for the Seldon, New York (Long Island) locations. The temporary primary office location will be in Old Westbury, New York until completion of the Seldon, New York building (Spring 2019). Employees are hired to the College as a whole, are appointed in the Long Island region, and have one primary office location, but may be assigned in advance to work at any of the locations. Scheduled duties may include travel to other locations across New York State. Regular involvement in statewide locations and College activities including the option of governance or committee work is expected.
Common tasks are listed below; priorities are set in the context of college-wide plans and development and local needs.
- Hardware maintenance and installation
- Software installation, training, and maintenance
- Support and training for faculty, staff and students
- Network support and maintenance for College telephony, MIS devices and peripherals, including TCP/IP
- Asset inventory maintenance and tracking
- Ensure daily operations function smoothly and facilitate access to the College's administrative systems, e-mail, calendaring and Internet
- Point of contact for telephone installations, maintenance, and repair
- Local support for video conference equipment, schedule of use, and support for video conference events
- Associate's degree
- A minimum of three years of relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated experience in the information technology field, including imaging, backups, and basic networking, and working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes
- Networking skills associated with TCP/IP and Microsoft Networking software products
- Experience with telephone systems and VOIP telecommunication's systems
- Experience with management inventory systems
- MSI scripting, and applications packaging
- Mobile technologies (tablets, phones)
- Experience with Service Now, Active Directory, ShoreTel/Mitel, Bomgar, RDP, VNC, DDSE, Dell KACE, VMWare, ExtronCrestron, Xerox MFP configuration and Cisco Tandberg Videoconferencing systems
- Technical experience in an educational environment
- Familiarity with accessibility software for those with ADA accommodation
- Knowledge of learning technologies and learning spaces
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Overnight travel, weekend and evening work will be expected on an occasional basis
- Occasional travel to regional locations and the college main offices in Saratoga Springs required
Rank/Salary: $45,000+, commensurate with experience.
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security