Testing Centers Proctor
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 8am to 1pm. Alternative hours may sometimes be required, to be agreed upon in advance between the employer and the employee.
The Testing Centers Proctor serves as a proctor for PearsonVue testing, ACCUPLACER placement testing, and CLEP testing. This proctor performs all duties related to test administration and follows all rules of conduct in accordance with the requirements of PearsonVue, CLEP, and the Enrollment Services Department.
The Testing Centers Proctor must pass annual certifications as required by PearsonVue and CLEP.
Essential Testing Centers Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all test candidates are welcomed and handled in a professional and courteous manner, providing excellent customer service.
- Proctor PearsonVue tests in accordance with PearsonVue requirements.
- Proctor CLEP exams in accordance with CLEP requirements.
- Proctor ACCUPLACER placement tests in accordance with Admissions & Enrollment Services Department requirements.
- Maintain the security of testing system exams and exam data.
- Maintain the confidentiality of candidate information.
- Maintain the integrity of the test environment.
- Follow startup and shutdown protocols when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services and/or Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In accordance with CLEP guidelines, the individual must be at least 21 years of age and may not be a current secondary or undergraduate student. In accordance with ACCUPLACER guidelines, the individual must not currently be enrolled in a degree program at Reading Area Community College.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two years previous student service, customer service, or test proctor experience.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bilingual communications (reading, writing and speaking) in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
- At least one year experience in a higher education or testing environment.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Datatel or other administrative software a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication and public speaking skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with people. Excellent written communication skills especially in the areas of report writing and business correspondence. Knowledge of the Community College and Higher Education system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.