Adjunct, Graduate Studies in Nursing
Lewis University invites applications for adjunct faculty to teach graduate nursing students in the classroom and/or clinical setting in one of the following specialization areas: Nursing Education, Healthcare System's Leadership (Nursing Administration), School Nurse Program and/or DNP in leadership. Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean/Director of Graduate Studies, adjunct faculty function as non-tenurable faculty temporarily employed by Lewis University College of Nursing and Health Professions to teach a clinical or theory section of a course.
Lewis University College of Nursing and Health Professions offers bachelor's, master's and doctor of nursing practice degrees in an environment of personalization, with small class sizes and individualized attention to students. The College of Nursing and Health Professions' faculty promote Lasallian and Catholic values by creating an environment which fosters critical thinking, enlightenment, compassion, and community in all teaching, learning and service. For additional information, please see http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Serve as a model of professionalism and act as a resource for students within the teaching-learning environment
- Demonstrate continuing competence in area of expertise
- Participate in all course orientations with Lead Faculty/Program Coordinator as well as orientations related to Blackboard, technology, and information resources needed to fulfill teaching responsibilities prior to the start of the class
- Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with Lead Faculty, Program Coordinator and/or Associate Dean/Director throughout the course to discuss relevant issues and concerns
- Discuss individual student problems with appropriate Lead Faculty and/or Associate Dean in a timely fashion. Provide anecdotal documentation as needed
- Comply with all requirements of the CONHP for teaching, i.e. annual OSHA, hepatitis/TB updates, CPR certification, license renewal, current CV, etc. prior to the start of the course as applicable for teaching assignment
- Comply with all CONHP Department of Graduate Studies requirements for teaching, including posting of syllabi, use of technology, providing students with contact information, responding to students within a reasonable time, being available for “office hours” with students, following the CONHP grading scale, and posting grades in a timely manner
- Coordinate AV supplies, expectations, and use with the Office of Graduate Studies
- Be responsible for meeting site expectations for classroom/technology use and teaching at the site
within two weeks of completion of the course, return all course materials and equipment to the Office of Graduate Studies if appropriate
Doctoral degree in nursing or related field. Master's degree in Nursing. Licensed as RN in the state of Illinois. Having schedule flexibility to be available for students. Excellent communications skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word Office, PowerPoint, and other computer applications.
Prior teaching experience desired. Familiar with a Learning Management System (e.g, Blackboard, Desire2Learn etc.) desired.
Application Process: For a full description and to apply online visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3081
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.