Assistant Professor in Communication and Journalism - Visual Media Production
The School of Communication and Journalism at Minnesota State University Moorhead invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position beginning August 21, 2018. The successful hire will teach coursework in videography and photography.
- Teach 24 undergraduate credits including courses such as the following: photography, photojournalism, TV news photography, photo illustration, video production, documentary photography, and broadcast documentary.
- Continued scholarly or creative achievement or research.
- Serve as an active member of the department.
- Serve as an academic advisor for undergraduate department majors and minors.
- Serve as advisor for the student chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Master's with an emphasis in visual media production or a related field.
- Three years or more of professional experience in visual media production or a related field.
- Demonstrated success as a digital media production specialist with an expertise in videography and photography.
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness in public presentations.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds, including sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
- Strong portfolio of materials in videography and photography.
- Ph.D., A.B.D., or M.F.A. with an emphasis in visual media production or a related field.
- Professional experience in photojournalism.
- Familiarity and experience with the use and application of social media to distribute digital content.
Application Information & Deadline Applications must include: a letter of interest addressing the qualifications and position responsibilities, vita, a link to their online portfolio, names and contact information for three references, including their address, e-mail and phone numbers. Completed applications received on or before April 16, 2018 will receive consideration. Applications that do not include all attachments listed above will not be reviewed by the search committee. NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of all academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins. The University regrets that we are unable to offer HlB sponsorship at this time. For questions, please contact: Aaron Quanbeck, Associate Professor, School of Communication and Journalism, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1104 7th Ave. S., Moorhead, MN 56563; Ph: 218-477-2741; Email: [email protected]