IT Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Assistant Director of Information Technology, Support Services
Position Summary: The IT Support Specialist is responsible for end-user computer, phone, and network support including installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of campus computers, phones, AV room equipment and related software and systems. This may also include basic network troubleshooting and repair as it relates to these areas.
- Install and maintain campus computers, phones, and related software and systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with campus computer hardware, software, and related peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with campus phones.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AV Room Equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network issues as they relate to campus computers, phones, and related systems.
- Document work in a thorough and coherent manner
- Maintain and increase knowledge in subject areas through online resources, vendor tech support, and training opportunities when available.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with a variety of desktop software applications.
- Experience with AV equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and keep track of multiple open issues while following them through to resolution in a timely manner.
- Developed troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze new issues.
- Ability and interest in learning new things “on the job” without formal training.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with Apple Mac OS X.
- Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Basic computer programming experience.
- Basic web page HTML editing experience.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.