IT Support Specialist Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Assistant Director of Information Technology, Support Services
Position Summary: IT Support Services Manager is responsible for the end-user Audio Visual Classroom, PC, printer, and phone experience, including deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of PCs, phones, and related software and systems. This may also include basic network troubleshooting and repair.
IT Support Services Manager is responsible for first-level IT support through the main phone line, email, and walk-ins; either handling these personally or through trained, supervised staff. IT Support Services Manager is also responsible for assisting the Assistant Director with such tasks as future planning within the Support Services area, improving system efficiency and effectiveness, training of staff, and managing end-user satisfaction.
- Deploy and maintain campus PCs, phones, and related software and systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with campus computer hardware, software, and related peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with campus phones.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network issues as they relate to AV rooms, computers, phones, and related software and systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with special software and hardware systems (Scantron, Microform, etc.).
- Train full-time IT Support Specialists.
- Train and supervise Student Technicians.
- Document work in a thorough and coherent manner.
- Maintain and increase knowledge in subject areas through online resources, vendor tech support, and training opportunities when available.
- Assist the Asst Dir in creating and maintaining policies relating to year-to-year functions in Support Services. Work towards improving systems for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist the Asst Dir in managing complaints and issues with end-users.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Apple Computer hardware and software.
- Extensive knowledge of Audio Visual equipment.
- Experience with a variety of desktop software applications.
- Ability to prioritize and keep track of multiple open issues while following them through to resolution in a timely manner.
- Developed troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze new issues.
- Ability and interest in learning new things “on the job” without formal training.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.