Advancement Services Assistant
Department: Office of Advancement
Reports To: Advancement Services Manager
Position Summary: Perform the gift processing function for the Office of Advancement & Alumni Relations by implementing a variety of tasks using North Park’s fundraising database, The Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop expertise in the database system by entering donor gifts, monthly employee giving, pledges, pledge reminders and scheduled pledge installments.
- Process donations received by mail and prepare gift batches.
- Download and process online gifts and event registrations.
- Generate receipts, letters acknowledging gifts, and notification letters for memorial and matching gifts.
- Produce, sort, and distribute all letters to appropriate parties for review and signature.
- Enter pledge, recurring gift, and payroll deduction gift records.
- Create daily gift reports and business office reports and distribute accordingly.
- Create per gift batch and/or monthly gift reports for Viking Club, Global Partnerships, Seminary, Center for World Christian Studies, and School of Business and Nonprofit Management, and other campus partners as requested.
- Edit and customize system thank you letters as needed to acknowledge donor’s gift.
- Maintain an organized system of customized thank you letters in the database, assist in template edit/update process.
- Implement the matching gift process. Work directly with matching gift companies and donors to record and process matching gift activity.
- Work with the University Student Financial Aid office to process and receipt scholarship and financial aid donations.
- Work with the University Business Office to reconcile gift and fund records.
- Assist Advancement Services Manager with database queries and reports as requested.
- Inform other department staff as needed regarding donor communication needs.
- Provide giving summaries and memorial/tribute summaries on request to department staff and memorial/tribute contacts.
- Serve as back up for Advancement Assistant in creating and updating donor records as well as desk and phone coverage.
- Observes and supports established practices and cultures in the office; develops a thorough understanding of the unique culture of North Park University and its constituencies.
- Experience with database systems required; The Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Strong computer aptitude and experience with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Detail-oriented, diligent, dependable, and inquisitive.
- Ability to maintain a consistent pace in ongoing work routines.
- Ability and commitment to maintain the confidentiality of donor records and correspondence.
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet occasional demands of peak workloads (end of June) and availability to work between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
- Personal commitment to and appreciation for North Park's mission of Christian higher education.
- Ability to act as positive, cooperative member of advancement team.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.