Nursing Care Technician/On-Call/UKHC/ PACU
Nursing Care Technicians working in the Perioperative service areas and PACU at UK Chandler Hospital provide care to pediatric and adult patients. Patient Populations include injuries resulting from blunt and penetrating trauma, solid organ transplant, vascular, cardiac gynecological and non-elective orthopedic surgeries and recovery from other surgical interventions. This position works one on one with Registered Nurse (RN) to complete delegated tasks and provide direct patient care such as: obtain vital signs, phlebotomy, documentation, assist with ADL's (activities of daily living), respond to patient call lights, unit orientation, and patient admission, transfer and discharge.
Nursing Care Technician/On-Call/UKHC/ PACU
H7200:Pavilion A Perioperative Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical)of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)or 5.) active LPN license or 6.) Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of KY, plus AHA BLS CPR.
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Must be able to work a variety of Day/Evening/Night shifts - at least 16 hours / month. Some weekends and holidays will be required.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, continuous, and patient centered care in a collaborative work environment. The environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
SRNA+ 2 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a Nursing Care Technician that works at UK Chandler or Good Samaritan Hospital?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a Nursing Care Technician and/or a State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA) in which you were directly responsible for patient care in a hospital.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * Do you have a valid Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA) or State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA)?
- * Will you be able to obtain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification prior to your start date?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter