International Student & Scholar Advisor (SEVIS Compliance)
Job Purpose: Advise international students and visiting scholars on immigration regulations and provide adjustment and integration support for F-1 and J-1 students and J scholars.
- Advise international students and visiting scholars on federal visa and immigration regulations.
- Assist bi-lateral exchange students through the admission and orientation process.
- Facilitate cultural and co-curricular programming for this group and use technology for ISS integration.
- Serve as a Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer.
- Assist international students with cross-cultural adjustment issues and coordinate campus services with other departments.
- Develop partnerships on and off-campus to advocate for the ISSS community.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: One to two years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Must have knowledge of immigration regulations that apply to this population.
•Preferred Education: Master's in related field.
•Preferred Work Experience: Three or more years of experience.
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: In depth knowledge of DHS regulations related to international students, experience using SEVIS system, experience using BANNER, experience using SEVIS secondary batch software preferably Sunapsis. Experience developing and facilitating presentations and trainings in a university setting. Experience living or working in a cross cultural setting. Demonstrated experience managing a batch software, project management, compliance responsibilities, and proficiency with MS excel.
Additional Information: This position will work with SEVIS Compliance.
Applicant must be US citizen or permanent resident in order to serve as Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: International student and visitor scholars, GT management and staff, faculty, government officials. This position typically will advise and counsel: Students, scholars, GT management and staff, faculty. This position will supervise: NA.
Department Description Located in Atlanta, Georgia Tech is a Research I institution with approximately 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Georgia Tech has 6 academic colleges: College of Design, College of Computing, College of Engineering (approximately 60% of enrollment), Scheller College of Business, Ivan Allen College, and College of Sciences. In addition to its general role with campus internationalization, the Office of International Education (OIE) serves approximately 6,500+ international students and scholars, 2,000+ study abroad students, 900+ International Plan Participants and approximately 150 Global Internship students. There are 11 full-time staff members in addition to student assistants, who provide direct support to GT international students and scholars.