Visiting Planning Specialist, Capital Project Planning - Facilities and Services (A1800125)
VISITING PLANNING SPECIALIST
Facilities and Services
Project Planning Department
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Division of Capital Programs in Facilities and Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Visiting Planning Specialist, Capital Project Planning. Up to two positions will be filled. This position is a full-time, academic professional appointment primary responsibility for project planning at all levels, from project definition through design. The Visiting Planning Specialist will also be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and establishment of campus standards for project definition, planning, design, and methods of project delivery.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles of Facilities & Services.
- Assists the Client (Colleges, Departments, etc.) in determining the needs for new projects or renovations.
- Coordinates and determines the scope and feasibility of projects.
- Develops program statements for each project based on client and campus needs.
- Coordinates and determines feasibility or conceptualization of such projects.
- Determines, compiles, and reconciles project budgets with input from all pertinent parties for such projects.
- Assists in the preparation of the scope of professional services required for each project.
- Participates in the process for the selection of professional services consultants.
- Attends all planning meetings as the campus representative on assigned projects through Design Development.
- Develops periodic status reports for assigned projects.
- Provides architectural design assistance and interpretation to the clients and Project Management team.
- Acts as consultant to Project Management team for client requested change orders and professional services consultant amendments during design and construction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director for Project Planning.
Applicants for the Visiting Planning Specialist, Capital Project Planning positions shall have a bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field (master's degree preferred). They must also possess two years of progressively responsible administrative experience in facility planning and management.
The ability to communicate well, delegate and coordinate the work of support staff, make decisions regarding the quality and quantity of space needs of academic units, negotiate solutions, manage multiple projects concurrently and ability to develop priorities are required. Additionally, the ability to assist University clients with temporary or permanent space relocation projects, a proven track record of successful problem and claim resolution, and moderate skills with Computer Aided Drafting and facilities management systems are required.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation is strongly suggested, but not required. Knowledge and expertise in classroom modernization and enhancement is desired.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your undergraduate college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by March 27, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before March 27, 2018 however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nicole McCurry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, academic professional position. This position may become non-visiting at a later time. Salary is commensurate with demonstrated ability and experience.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Planning Specialist, Capital Project Planning - Facilities and Services (A1800125)
Open Date: 02/27/2018
Close Date: 03/27/2018
Organization Name: FandS Capital Const Project Managers