Health Research Graphic Design Coordinator - Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute (A1800162)
HEALTH RESEARCH GRAPHIC DESIGN COORDINATOR
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois' Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Initiative (IHSI), formed to catalyze, facilitate, enhance, and coordinate Health Sciences-related activities on campus and with our clinical partners, is seeking a Health Research Graphic Design Coordinator. The incumbent in this position will provide professional design expertise to increase awareness of the outstanding Illinois health sciences research and programs, to advance the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Initiative (IHSI) brand and the specific marketing and communications goals of the Institute. As part of the Marketing and Communications team, develop print and electronic materials for marketing, media and outreach initiatives supporting advancement of programs, cores, recruitment, research, and internal and external partnerships.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate fresh design solutions in print, digital, and web media to create targeted communications for IHSI.
- Use the latest Adobe creative suite and MS Office software to take projects from concept development to final execution, presenting visual plans and strategies to stakeholders throughout the process.
- Conceive and implement creative marketing solutions for all IHSI audiences including, but not limited to, campus leadership, faculty, physicians, donors; clinical and corporate partners; news media; community organizations and members; and peers.
- Provide visual design, branding and media expertise to institute leadership, cores, and programs, and advise on proper usage of IHSI and University of Illinois identity system.
- Develop, design and create layout, graphics, animation, video, and sound content for the various social media pages and websites hosted by IHSI. Stay current with the latest trends in website design, accessibility guidelines, and usability, and make recommendations for incorporating new features into websites.
- Collaborate directly with printers to achieve superior results in printed materials; consult with commercial printers regarding format and print processes utilizing preflight and prepress best practices; assemble final layouts to prepare files for printer.
- Work with marketing and communications team to ensure high standard of creative execution on time and on budget.
- Study industry trends and their potential effect on IHSI's communications.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide task assignment and oversight to IHSI communications interns.
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within the health sciences at Illinois.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Required: Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted if accompanied by equivalent experience.
Experience: Required: A minimum of 1 year experience within the field of graphic design. Preferred: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a health-related marketing or communications position, especially for a scholarly audience. Some experience with email and website design or development. Minimal supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge Requirements: Required: Strong graphic design, marketing, creative, and project management skills. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Excellent writing and editing skills. Strong artistic ability and proficiency with industry standard software, including Microsoft Office products (particularly PowerPoint). Superior client-relation skills, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential. Strong organizational skills and a thorough knowledge of all aspects of print and digital production. Demonstrated ability to perform in a professional demeanor in a diverse and fast-paced work environment consisting of multiple and changing priorities, under minimal supervision. Ability to clearly and consistently organize, manage and present complex information. Preferred: Basic web development knowledge. Ability to develop workflow processes to facilitate efficient and accurate communication among team members.
Proposed Start Date: As early as possible after closing date.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Appointment Status: Regular, 100%-time Academic Professional position, 12-month service basis. Eligible candidates will qualify for full University benefits package.
Applications must be received by April 2, 2018. To apply, all candidates must submit on online profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu by the close of the posting period. Qualified candidates must upload: 1) a letter which details qualifications noted above; 2) a resume; and 3) the names and contact information of three professional references. All requested information must be submitted by the deadline for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further information, please contact Erica Hanson, OVCR Human Resources, at email@example.com.
The University conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Health Research Graphic Design Coordinator - Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute (A1800162)
Open Date: 03/12/2018
Close Date: 04/02/2018
Organization Name: Interdis Health Sci Institute