Communications Coordinator - Global Education and Training (A1800166)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Global Education and Training (GET)
12 month, 100% position
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Create and maintain print and electronic communication materials, oversee the marketing and outreach for new and established programs, and coordinate use of social media platforms.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Construct and execute a social media strategy for GET that utilizes multiple platforms and drives participation both from GET staff and program participants.
• Develop and maintain dynamic print and electronic marketing, public relations, and informational materials.
• Maintain the social media platforms for GET by developing multi-media content designed to inform and advance the mission of the unit.
• Provide design ideas for and oversee the creation of a new GET website, and update multimedia content and design for website as needed.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of media, outreach, and marketing through the use of data analytics and participant evaluations; prepare reports and recommend/implement changes based on evaluation findings.
• Collaborate closely with Global Communications and other communications teams in Illinois International Programs to develop impactful stories related to international training programs.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of a database of contact information for GET alumni and business contacts.
• Design a semi-annual GET newsletter and distribute to GET partners.
• Create and maintain a GET blog; coordinate content development with participation by GET staff and program participants.
• Supervise a communications intern (graduate hourly) to help with social media updates, creation of new content, and other projects.
• Follow and maintain University style guides and best practices at both the campus and the unit level.
• Track changes to University policy regarding branding and marketing, implement changes to GET materials as necessary, and update GET staff on changes.
• Accompany training groups on field trips and site visits to document participant experiences and publicize meetings and events.
• Promote awareness of GET to constituents on campus, in the community, and abroad.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director, GET, who reports to the Director, GET, who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies, who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated experience using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other social media tools, and a strong grasp of best practices associated with using these.
• Experience creating, designing, and editing impactful print work and publications.
• Web content management background, including basic web editing and design skills.
• Superior written, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Creative ability to tell a story through the use of electronic and print media.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and enthusiastically in a team.
• Ability to multi-task and manage complex projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Abilities
• Master's degree
• Experience using a content management system (CMS). Familiarity with Adobe software (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Experience with photography, videotaping and video editing.
• Experience working in an international office.
• Knowledge of communications policies and standards at the University of Illinois.
• Proficiency in a foreign language.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after the closing date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references by 04/02/2018. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 401, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois International Programs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Communications Coordinator - Global Education and Training (A1800166)
Open Date: 03/12/2018
Close Date: 04/02/2018
Organization Name: Global Education and Training