Transfer Processing Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (A1800165)
Transfer Processing Coordinator
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Transfer Processing Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The Transfer Processing Coordinator will supervise admissions processing staff members, coordinate the processing of transfer applications and credit earned by current Illinois students, and oversee u.Achieve/Darwin-related matters and various cyclical projects related to transfer processing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the processing of undergraduate transfer applications. This includes monitoring of transfer applications for all colleges, using a combination of professional judgment and reports to determine if delays and/or errors in processing are occurring, and addressing the issues noted with staff members.
- Coordinate the processing of off-campus transfer credit earned by current Illinois students, including working closely with college offices and staff from the Office of the Registrar to ensure credit is posted to an academic record correctly.
- Analyze and provide feedback on the current transfer processing practices in order to make them more efficient.
- Serve as a functional expert in undergraduate processing for Darwin/u.Achieve, which includes training staff on the system, troubleshooting issues found during transfer application validation, and entering articulation rules into Darwin/u.Achieve. Work with the Office of the Registrar's staff and college offices on transfer credit issues.
- Hire, train and supervise three or more undergraduate admissions processing staff members to ensure that job expectations are being met in all areas. Perform annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Assist with processing transfer applications in the absence of staff members or during peak processing times.
- Responsible for creating and updating instructions used by staff members that fall under the purview of this position.
- Manage cyclical processes related to incomplete transfer applications and the receipt of final college transcripts for accepted students.
- Provide feedback on operational communication plans for transfer applicants to ensure a clear and concise message.
- Understand how the various systems used in OUA interact with one another. This includes homegrown systems as well as Banner, Darwin/u.Achieve and Slate. Assist in the testing of such systems during upgrades, enhancements or fixes.
- Analyze workload to provide feedback on the transfer processing calendar and staff assignments, which are updated annually.
- Serve as a chair of a transfer review committee. Review transfer applications, communicate with the admissions contact in the college office, and use professional judgment to confirm that admission decisions are being made in a fair and timely manner. Respond to appeals of denial decisions.
- Serve as liaison between the Course Articulation and Processing units when questions and issues arise. Assist counseling staff with unique and complicated transfer processing questions. Ability to work well with others outside of the Operations unit and across campus. Must be skillful in handling challenging questions about Illinois transfer policies and practices.
- Initiate and handle inquiries from applicants, Illinois students, parents, high school or college counselors by using our customer/client relationship management software system, Slate to track such communication.
- Read and evaluate freshman applications; apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admissions consideration; and make admissions decisions based on campus enrollment goals. Or we could use this: Member of one or more freshman review committees. Interpret admissions policies and make admissions decisions independently based on professional judgment.
- Participate in OUA committees/subgroups related to processing issues or proposed improvements. Act as a lead with coordination of transfer admissions processing related projects.
- Attend meetings/conferences that include transfer processing topics.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three or more years of relevant experience, preferably in an admissions or records setting.
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Master's degree.
- Supervisory experience, including hiring and training of new staff.
- Experience in evaluating processes and suggesting changes for improvement.
- Demonstrated experience using Banner and Darwin/u.Achieve.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position and salary is commensurate with experience. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by March 27, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon accepting a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Transfer Processing Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (A1800165)
Open Date: 03/13/2018
Close Date: 03/27/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions