Student Financial Aid Administrator - Office of Student Financial Aid (A1800159)
Student Financial Aid Administrator
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for a Student Financial Aid Administrator in the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Student Financial Aid Administrator will plan, operate, process and report a wide range of financial aid programs and services provided by the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to a diverse student population. The Office of Student Financial Aid is responsible for the administration and coordination of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs totaling over $843 million annually and provide financial aid information and services to nearly 45,000 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration of programs and execution of procedures specified on the Office of Student Financial Aid Program Responsibilities list.
- Responsible for student awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of federal, state and institutional financial aid; accounting and funds management; maintenance of student records; application in-take and processing; verification of student records; and scholarship administration.
- Provide advice and counsel to clients of the Office of Student Financial Aid, either in-person, by telephone or through written correspondence (including e-mail).
- Be knowledgeable of all student financial aid programs and services.
- Serve as liaison with University offices and other related financial aid agencies.
- Utilize available resources and provide presentations to large groups as well as work one-on-one with students and their families.
- Represent OSFA on institutional, state and federal committees and at professional conferences and workshops.
- Coordinate the staff efforts required to carry out program responsibilities and educate/train other office staff regarding the programs for which they are responsible.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of legislation governing financial aid programs and federal needs analysis methodology.
- Exercise professional judgment when financial aid program guidelines do not seem to adequately address a specific situation.
Required education, experience and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience communicating with diverse populations.
Preferred education, experience and abilities:
- Master's Degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Successful experience in Student Financial Aid or customer service.
- Experience presenting information to large groups of people.
Procedure for candidacy:
This position is a full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment. The starting date is as soon as possible after the close of the search and salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. For full consideration, applications should be received by March 26, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to close of the search, but a hiring decision will not be made until the search closes. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Student Financial Aid Administrator - Office of Student Financial Aid (A1800159)
Open Date: 03/12/2018
Close Date: 03/26/2018
Organization Name: Student Financial Aid