Dean of the College of Business
Job ID 13511
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Priority date extended. APPLICATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED.
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks candidates with a solid record of distinguished academic and administrative accomplishment to apply for the position of Dean of the College of Business. This is a full-time administrative position with a concurrent, tenured appointment in an appropriate College of Business department. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2018.
The Dean of the College of Business is the intellectual and administrative leader of the College and the chief advocate for the mission and purpose of the College’s academic programs. The Dean reports to and works in consultation with the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Dean promotes and facilitates the highest quality in academic curriculum and academic support programs by prioritizing the needs of students, fostering a positive and productive work environment, sustaining a spirit of collaborative leadership, and prioritizing a commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Terminal degree in a business-related field.
- Credentials to qualify for tenure as a full professor in College of Business department.
- Three years of successful academic administrative and leadership experience as a dean, associate dean, department chair/academic program director, or similar position
Student Success and Enrollment Management
- Demonstrated ability to support student success, effective teaching, and life-long learning
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of enrollment and course management
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusivity
Communication and Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative, inclusive, supportive, and collegial environment within the College
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the College in developing new visions and directions
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage complex projects, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with complex decision making, including the use of data
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
Internal and External Partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent and advocate for the College both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with external academic partnerships such as the MBA Consortium and Undergraduate Alliance
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others in the College, across the University, and in the community
- Demonstrated success in development and fundraising activities
Financial Management and Human Resources
- Demonstrated budget experience and responsible fiscal management
- Demonstrated experience with personnel
- Demonstrated ability to foster research and scholarly activity within the College
The Dean provides effective oversight, operational direction, and coordination for the following major functions:
- Lead the development, evaluation, and administration of the undergraduate and graduate programs for the College including curriculum, face-to-face and online instruction, and faculty advising.
- Provide visionary leadership within the College, University, and broader community based on a strong knowledge and value of the integral relationship between liberal education, professional education, and engaging experiences.
- Lead mission-based strategic planning, high academic standards, and faculty scholarship in support of AACSB reaffirmation.
- Organize, represent, and preside over the faculty and academic staff of the College.
- Promote professional development, research, and other scholarly and creative activity including student/faculty undergraduate research collaboration.
- Provide dynamic, creative, and visionary leadership for the College in all student, academic, fiscal and personnel matters.
- Foster an organizational and educational climate that promotes and celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
- Recommend to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs all personnel matters relating to the appointment, evaluation, and promotion of faculty and staff, and tenure of college faculty.
- Advise the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs in matters of academic programs, budget, facilities, personnel, and support services.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the College budget in collaboration with department chairs.
- Lead College fundraising to secure support for teaching, research, program development, professional development, facilities, scholarships, and other needs.
- Collaborate with academic and administrative program staff at the UW Undergraduate Business Alliance and UW MBA Consortium partner schools.
- Encourage partnerships within the College and across the University, including those involving collaborative teaching, research, and service.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external business and community partners which further the strategic directions of the College and University.
- Promote public service and encourage outreach activities that serve the community, external partners, and related professions.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the academic deans of the other colleges as well as with the associate vice chancellors.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records relating to faculty and academic staff, students, and alumni of the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
To ensure priority consideration, completed applications must be received as soon as possible. Screening is continuing until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically. For position details and directions to apply, visit: www.uwec.edu/Employment/. Search under Administrative Positions for Dean of the College of Business (Job ID # 13511). Your application will require the following in PDF format:
- Letter of Application
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, please call or e¿mail:
Ms. Jane Becker, Executive Staff Assistant
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing
diversity, equity, and inclusivity