Working Title: Executive Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 03-12-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources seeks an Executive Assistant to provide exceptional executive support to HR leaders. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, competencies, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices.
Key duties include:
- Acting as a liaison with University leadership, assisting in relationship building with various constituents and leadership offices to include the Medical Center, Academic, and UPG
- Preparing agendas and identifying meeting participants, and coordinate off-site facilities when necessary.
- Collecting, preparing, and distributing appropriate briefing materials to ensure effective information flow to and from the HR leader's office via multiple channels
- Coordinating projects and logistics for large-scale initiatives
- Coordinating onboarding for incoming team members
- Organizing, tracking, and ordering resources, equipment, and supplies
- Running confidential reports, as needed
Qualified candidates will either have a Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or six years of relevant experience.
Interested applicants should go to jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0622838. Complete a staff application and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide administrative procedures and follow set policies and procedures, adhering to regulatory guidelines in daily work
- Independently research topics and manage files and records
- Provide high level of customer service
- Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate oral and written communication in daily interactions
- Follow directions and work effectively as part of a team
- Handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Evaluate and apply information, exercise keen attention to detail, and provide advice in a fast paced environment
- Manage time, be organized, and adapt to changing priorities
- Show computer proficiency and technical aptitude with leading applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Learn and act upon the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84078