HR Specialist or Sr. HR Specialist, People Data and Analytics
Working Title: HR Specialist or Sr. HR Specialist, People Data and Analytics
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 03-12-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources seeks a HR Specialist, People Data and Analytics or Senior HR Specialist, People Data and Analytics. These positions provide best in class people data and analytics services to support the University of Virginia.
The Specialist-level position is responsible for assisting with a variety of data and analytics activities, such as building, maintaining and interpreting reports and data so that HR professionals can make and recommend decisions and predict outcomes based on data. Qualified candidates for the HR Specialist level will have a Bachelor's degree and at least three years of relevant experience.
The Sr. Specialist-level position is responsible for identifying risks and opportunities through data, advising on data improvement initiatives and executing data analysis activities focused on generating usable insights for HR practitioners. This position is responsible for distributing leading data and analytic practices such as people analytic needs, data literacy, and analytical thinking throughout the HR organization. Qualified candidates for the Senior HR Specialist level will have a Bachelor's degree and at least four years of relevant experience.
Interested applicants should go to jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0622834. Complete a staff application and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter which level(s) they are applying for.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design and develop infographics and data visualizations
- Create timely, practical, and tangible solutions with limited information, make decisions, and provide advice during times of uncertainty
- Work with HR systems, PMO, and business analysis/statistics technology
- Use excellent management skills to plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives
- Lead teams and motivate others to maximize input and accomplish goals, especially after experiencing setbacks
- Scope and manage complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clearly articulate specific information in associated area
- Complete tasks without immediate supervision
- Manage third party vendors
- Analyze and present information and provide advice
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84074