Publicity/Marketing Manager (UCP 7)
Job Title: Publicity/Marketing Manager (UCP 7)
Job ID: 2018461
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Director in the Center for Career Development, the Publicity/Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing and promotional outreach programs designed to acquaint selected potential users with department/University programs and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the overall operation of the marketing and communication function of the department by setting the strategic direction and researching, collecting and analyzing data for trends to make informed decisions about the strategic vision for marketing.
- Plans and executes a marketing and communication strategy designed to promote department services and programs and increase engagement among student, employers and campus partners.
- Implements and manages strategy initiatives including launching social media and email campaigns, overseeing graphic design and production, coordinating department blog, writing content for distribution to students, faculty, and staff.
- Meets with and advises program managers regarding marketing needs, including design, cost considerations, deadlines, and desired results. Serves as resource to department staff and administrators regarding appropriate use of UConn branding and effective promotional activities.
- Receives and initiates marketing requests utilizing work order system, sets priorities of projects, delegates tasks to student marketing staff, and delivers finalized projects to project manager.
- Develops or supervises the preparation of promotional materials, including designing and illustrating, writing, editing, and printing/publishing.
- Develops policies and procedures regarding marketing and communication to guide department in requesting marketing material and monitoring department outreach efforts.
- Develops semester internal relations communication strategy, generates content for department staff to share with campus partners, manages CRM system, and reports on department's university engagement status.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of research materials and data collection that illustrate effectiveness of marketing techniques and benchmark best practices and current developments in areas of responsibilities.
- Plans and carries out special interest events or projects designed to increase engagement with target populations.
- Writes timely informational articles for publication by the department, and regional and national organizations; writes press releases distributed to media outlets.
- Recommends student staffing needs, hires appropriate student staff, trains, supervises, and evaluates student staff performance, establishes student work schedules and determines project assignments.
- Maintains effective working relationships with campus partners and outside vendors; keeps informed regarding University marketing initiatives and branding.
- Represents department/university at appropriate regional and national committee meetings and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the targeted market and community to be served
- Evidence of excellent writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative, and make sound judgments
- Tact and excellent interpersonal/communications skills and techniques
- Demonstrated experience managing professional social media campaigns
- Experience working in a college or university setting
- Experience with graphic design
- Website development and maintenance
- Experience with Adobe Suite and other creative technologies
Interested applicants, please upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018461)
The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waiver at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 26, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.