Program Assistant 2 (UCP 4)
Job Title: Program Assistant 2 (UCP 4)
Job ID: 2018432
Location: Storrs Campus
Under the direction of a designated faculty member, the Program Assistant provides responsible administrative support as well as significant program support for the Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL) in the Department of Mathematics. This position requires the ability to regularly exercise independent judgment within known practice and to independently resolve a wide variety of administrative problems. The ASL was founded in 1936. Its office is moving to UConn this spring with the expectation of remaining at UConn for at least 5-10 years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs office management duties; directs the workflow and supervises the necessary administrative paperwork; records, complex filing system to support program, including fiscal, personnel and membership records.
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support for program staff, making adjustments to accommodate changing priority needs.
- Assists in outreach programs and conference planning, coordinating arrangements and preparing related meeting materials including determining the eligibility of abstracts.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and control of expenditures including travel and reimbursement requests, and prepares monthly reports.
- Writes and/or edits informational, promotional and/or technical requiring an understanding of the subject matter.
- Serves as a resource to individuals and groups on matters relating to program activities and on matters relating to administrative policies and procedures.
- Assembles data, prepares and reviews reports, requiring understanding of the program and evaluation of data sources
- Processes and maintains necessary paperwork relating to ASL membership, records and files to support programs.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and others on matters relating to administrative procedures and matters relating to the Association for Symbolic Logic.
- Acts for the supervisor/administrator in matters of administrative detail.
- Maintains a collection of resource materials and program information.
- May perform office support functions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least three years of related experience, which demonstrates considerable knowledge of administrative methods and subject areas.
- Knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping methods.
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; FileMaker; and web-based content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with proven attention to detail.
- Good written communications skills including proof-reading and editing.
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
This is a full-time, annually renewable position with a full range of health and retirement benefits. The salary will be in the mid to upper $40K range depending on skill level and experience.
Interested applicants, please upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Screening will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018432)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 26, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.