Part-Time Testing Technician
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a Part-time Testing Technician who is dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable.
The Part-time Testing Technician is a customer service representative in the Testing Center. The Testing Technician will provide assistance with administration and proctoring of test. This position will report to the Director of Academic Assessment and Testing Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide proctoring services in support of facility, students services and disability services in the testing center.
• Enter and maintain examinations administered in the Testing Center, which includes data input into Banner and filing.
• Administer high stakes exams, which includes yearly proctor certification.
• Work well under pressure and able to multi-task
• Reliable and attention to detail
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision
• Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Academic Assessment and Testing Services.
High School diploma or GED required
Associates degree preferred
A minimum of one-year customer service experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Banner Student Information System, various software systems, and other technology devices.
• Regulations of confidentiality as outlined by FERPA.
• Working with students from a diverse group of backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Posting Number 20110654
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).