Accounting Technician II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Accounting Technician II
Position #00670314 - Posting #12899
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The School of Dental Medicine provides state-of-the-art dental services to patients of the Anschutz Medical Campus and general community through an educational experience where Dental Students and Residents deliver contemporary dental services. The Patient Accounting Department is responsible for managing and monitoring all aspects of patient accounting and interactions with dental insurance companies, Medicaid and collection agencies.
The purpose of this position is provide technical accounting services to the programs operating in the School of Dental Medicine and on occasion to all other clinics including the school's main clinic. These accounting services include posting, billing, accounts receivable management, collection management, patient registration, Medicaid billing and third party insurance billing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Reconcile and verify cash, check and credit card transactions to various reports
- Assist in the daily preparation of the deposit of the 1st floor clinical activity
- Responsible for making sure that the proper paperwork is retained in the payment office and to the Bursar's Office
- Verify deposit for 2nd floor activity
- Backup for 2nd floor deposit preparation
- Responsible for verifying Medicaid eligibility and entering the information into a web based Medicaid billing program.
- Process all patient payments
- Identify patient and the clinic where treatment was rendered and records and allocates all payment to the patient's account
- Process Medicaid payments received electronically from the Department of Health Care & Human Services
- Receive and greet patients and offer information concerning clinic practice policies, procedures and operations
- Advise patients on financial payment responsibilities and dental insurance policies, clarifying what various policies will and will not cover
- Advise patient, residents, students, faculty, and staff concerning patient accounts
- Resolve patient financial accounting discrepancies
- Explain the financial policies and procedures of the School of Dental Medicine and Patient Accounting Department to patients, staff, residents, and faculty
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,104-$3,414 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Two years of technical accounting or bookkeeping experience
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
College, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting or bookkeeping may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience using dental insurance coding.
- Experience with dental terminology.
- Experience and knowledge of Governmental or Higher Education accounting procedures, policies, rules and regulations.
- Experience with cash handling/balancing.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial systems and/or similar software programs.
- Experience working with students, faculty and staff in a higher education environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish rapport with individuals from diverse backgrounds and ability to interact effectively with all levels within the University
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until March 23, 2017 or until 30 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20432 - SDM-Dental Clinical Operations
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ann Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: Ann.Shimamoto@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00670314