Clinical Affairs Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Clinical Affairs Coordinator
Position #00744432 - Requisition #12900
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Clinical Affairs Coordinator in the School of Dental Medicine. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide high-level administrative support for the Office of Clinical Affairs in the areas of Clinical Operations, Clinical Education and Quality and Patient Safety in the School of Dental Medicine. The Coordinator will also assist in the implementation of new programs in these areas. This position will verify and ensure immunization and certification compliance for all faculty and staff. Additionally, this position will support all committees that the Sr. Associate Dean for Clinic and Professional Practice chairs. In the Area of Clinical Education, this position supports the Teams Management and Comprehensive Care curriculum. The Coordinator works closely with the Director of Quality and Patient Safety to report and monitor the protocol for blood borne pathogens exposures for students, residents, faculty, staff, and swallowed objects by patients. Provide follow-up on specific risk management-related cases to assure that appropriate post exposure protocols and patient communications are complete. This position will be responsible for various audits of compliance with infection control processes, HIPAA, and other audits as determined necessary. This position will assist in the management various databases to include patient safety event reporting, complaints module and chart and infection control audits. All responsibilities are carried out with minimal direction and supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support of Clinical Operations
- Gather data and report on Language and Disability Services, demographics analyses of patients within the school.
- Create, oversee and report on the chart audit database.
- Collection data and development graphical presentations of data to facilitate the evaluation of the efficacy of clinical operations.
- Pay invoices/bills for Clinical Operations including related bills for bloodborne pathogen exposures and swallowed objects.
- Manage Clinic Policy and Procedure manual to include uploading new documents, formatting current and new documents, archiving old documents and maintaining the archival files.
- Provide administrative support including performing audits, tracking policy reviews, preparing reports, taking committee meeting minutes, and general administrative support for Clinical Operations, including the Operations committee, the Clinic Manager Meetings, the Inclement Weather Committee, and for the Sr. Associate Dean of Clinics and Professional Practice.
Support of Clinical Education
- Gather and analyze data for Teams Clinical Accomplishment Reports.
- Provide administrative support to the Teams Management Committee and Practice Leader meetings, as well as to the TEAMs meeting, the Comprehensive Care Curriculum, and the Competency Review Board (CRB).
Support of Quality and Safety
- Administrative Support for the Quality Committee and its subcommittees.
- Auditing of various quality or patient-safety related processes such as infection control audits and HIPAA compliance audits.
- Oversees the compliance database.
- Manages immunization records for staff and faculty (verification of data entered by individual staff and faculty into compliance database, data entry for new faculty, reporting to ensure compliance).
- Manages certification records for staff and faculty (verification of data entered by individual staff and faculty into compliance database, data entry for new faculty, reporting to ensure compliance).
- Collection and development of graphical presentations of specific quality data e.g. sharps safety data and other needs as determined.
- Create and oversee the chart audit database.
- Assist in the Management of Patient Safety Network databases:
- Administrator functions, reporting for both the Event and Complaint Modules.
- Coordination with IT department for registration of new users / expiration of users.
- Under the direction of the Director of Quality & Patient Safety, plan and oversee TB clinic, Clean Hands Count campaign, flu clinic, other clinics to be determined, CPR courses for faculty, staff and students, First Aide training, Glucometer training, and other trainings determined by the Office of Clinical Affairs.
- Oversee BBP exposures, swallowed objects follow-up and risk patient billing.
- Track follow-up appointments after BBP exposure or a swallowed objects.
- Pay bills related to patient occurrences such as swallowed objects, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $34,106 - $56,844 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
College Diploma (BA or BS) and 2 years of experience in a fast-paced business or health-related environment that required extensive use of Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a fast-paced, highly regulated healthcare environment
- Experience with administrative support services and use of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with invoicing, accounts payable and resource management
- Experience with database management
- Experience with document management
- Experience with auditing personnel practices
- Experience with managing group
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service skills and a commitment to service quality
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, residents and professional personnel at all levels
- Knowledge or experience in a healthcare field, an academic setting or business environment. Ability to effectively communicate with leadership, management, faculty, staff, residents and students
- Strong organizational skills to manage, track, and report on various areas related to Clinical Operations and Quality and Patient Safety
- Strong proofreading/editing skills for reviewing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to set priorities and to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects and activities simultaneously while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to be creative, supportive and thoughtful in problem-solving, considering the diverse and occasionally conflicting needs and perspectives of the faculty, staff and institution
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shiela Otero at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 23, 2018
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20428 - SDM-Dental Clinic Clincl Affrs
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Shiela Otero
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744432