Administrative Assistant II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, CHA/PA Program
Administrative Assistant II
Position #00211854 - Posting 12882
The Department of Pediatrics, Child Health Associate/Physician Assistant Program (CHA/PA) has an opening for a full-time, State Classified Administrative Assistant II position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an Administrative Assistant II to work in the Department of Pediatrics, CHA/PA Program at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Job Summary:This position provides administrative services to the faculty, students, and applicants, as well as to the Director of Admissions and Program Systems and a Business Services Professional. This position executes various administrative and clerical tasks related to admissions, including utilizing the online application system database to manage application documents, as well as provide logistical support on interview days. Financial functions include purchase requisitions, purchase orders, travel voucher processing, and allocating A-card charges. This position also supports the Didactic Team by assisting with the course evaluation process, course material retention, and graduation preparations.
Additional responsibilities including providing direct assistance to Program Faculty which may include: reserving classroom space, photocopying, and proctoring tests. This position also manages the front desk which includes answering phones, greeting visitors, managing mail, triaging and troubleshooting student and faculty concerns related to physical space; maintaining student files, tracking and ordering office supplies, and making desk copies.
Examples of Work Performed:
Admissions Coordination (15%):
- Assist with the admissions process, including the utilization of the national application system database and providing logistical support on interview days.
- Upload supplemental applications, assigns applicant files for review, and matriculates students in application system database.
- Monitor matriculated students' information in ISIS and correct/update as appropriate.
- Assist with operational preparation for interview days by ordering food and assisting with overall logistics.
Financial Duties (25%):
- Assist with gift card procurement following University policies and guidelines including detailed Custody, Security and Audit Logs.
- Create, process, dispatch and receive purchase requisitions and purchase orders, utilizing the CU Marketplace system; in a timely and accurate manner and according to university guidelines, ensure that all proper documentation (e.g., sole source justification) is provided.
- Reallocate A-card charges, in a timely and accurate manner for all faculty and staff.
- Prepare and process seminar/recruitment-associated travel vouchers, expense vouchers, official function forms and honoraria payments, in a timely manner and according to university guidelines.
General Office Support (30%):
- Act as a first point of contact for visitors and students.
- Manage the front desk which includes:
- Answering phones
- Greeting visitors
- Managing mail
- Triaging and troubleshooting student and faculty concerns related to physical space
- Maintaining student files
- Tracking office supplies inventory
- Making desk copies
- Set up course materials in Canvas (student course system) which requires intermediate computer skills and attention to detail.
- Work with the Academic Coordinator to add course materials to this system, including course syllabus, handouts, review and reference materials, as well as grade materials.
Didactic support with Course Evaluations and Graduation (20%):
- Serve as a backup for the creation and implementation of didactic evaluation system (CourseEval) each semester.
- Assist the Didactic and Communications Coordinator with all of the complex and varied duties associated with graduation, including invitations, catering, event layout, and set up.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $2,783-$3,333 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Two (2) years of general clerical or administrative experience.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required years of experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience providing administrative support in an academic, healthcare or academic healthcare environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with a student population.
- Experience working with financial processes and following policies and guidelines.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate skills with MS office programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until March 26, 2018 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. - To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20878 - SOM-PEDS CHAP-GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shelby Potter
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00211854