ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT
Duties: Reporting to the Director of Global Alumni Engagement in the School of Arts and Sciences Office of Advancement (SASOA), the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement (Associate Director) will manage the SAS Professional Women's Alliance (PWA) programming and will support ongoing alumni programming that showcases the School and engages a broad base of constituents. They will also serve as a main liaison with campus partners including the College Office, Career Services and academic departments to facilitate recruitment of alumni for career mentoring initiatives. The Associate Director will be creative, strategic, and collaborative in their approach to constituency engagement, working with colleagues across campus and alumni volunteers to advance the mission of Penn Arts and Sciences.
* Support SASOA signature alumni engagement events with an eye towards continuous improvement and evaluation.
* Working with the Director and volunteer leadership, conceptualize and execute events for the SAS Professional Women's Alliance. Cultivate volunteers and support recruitment of new members.
* Manage recruitment process of alumni volunteers based domestically for one-off career mentoring opportunities by collaborating with relevant offices, leveraging alumni volunteer recommendations, and proactively identifying prospective volunteers using Qlikview, QuakerNet, social media, etc.
* Maintain alumni engagement related aspects of digital presence including the intranet, PWA website and PWA Linkedin page.
* Develop and maintain library of effective messaging for engagement opportunities, volunteer recruitment, event invitations, follow-up, and other alumni communications to mobilize SASOA and central colleagues in their efforts to engage alumni with SAS.
* Provide programmatic support associated with the new SAS volunteer leadership group.
* Serve as a resource for SASOA staff and central colleagues on SAS engagement opportunities, field inquiries from alumni interested in involvement, and build relationships with alumni.
* Work to ensure high-level stewardship by collecting and improving quality of alumni and constituent data; come up with new and innovative ways to capture and update contact and career information of alumni via surveys, email, projects, correspondence, online forms, etc.
* Take on other projects and duties as assigned to contribute to the success of SASOA's alumni engagement efforts.
* Understand and abide by the University's prospect management business rules for working with alumni.
Qualifications: * BA/BS with 3-5 years of experience in alumni relations, public relations, marketing, relationship management and/or related activities is preferred.
* A deep understanding of alumni/donor-centric communications strategy and practice.
* Ability to understand individual, institutional, and cultural nuances.
* Volunteer management experience preferred and must have the ability to exercise tact, discretion, and collaboration when working with high level volunteers.
* Ability to exercise mature judgment, maintain confidentiality, and represent the SASOA in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
* Resourceful, creative, innovative, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
* Ability to manage ambiguity and change.
* Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills. Must be able to inspire/persuade colleagues and build consensus.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively, including developing timelines, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Highly detailed-oriented and well-organized.
* Enthusiasm, ability to take risks, intelligence, insight, initiative, resilience, and a pioneering spirit.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 02-28207
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SAS Office of Advancement
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing