The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery seeks an individual to obtain vitals per provider request and input information into patient chart/electronic medical record; remove dressings, staples, sutures; apply dressings/ointments as directed by provider; as requested by provider prepare appropriate specimen containers and forms to ensure samples are delivered to the appropriate location in the appropriate time frame; fit and explain use of over the counter braces/splints; be able to query information from electronic medical records system.
Assist provider with professional patient care; greet patients in waiting area and escort to exam room; answer phones and handle calls per department guidelines; listen to patients and seek to understand what they are asking of us; display empathy; understand financial assistance program and role it has in patient care; provide customer service to family/friends of patient who accompany patient.
Note visit date and reason for visit in patient chart/electronic record; educate patients utilizing provider/department protocols; complete appropriate consult request forms and forward to appropriate clinic staff. As requested by provider initiate process to arrange home health care for patient or for bone stimulator placement; protect confidential patient information at all times; have basic computer skills and ability to access all patient care related to electronic systems/medical records; insure all patient info is filled per department policy.
Process standard and/or emergent orders for all tests, excluding radiology procedures, including necessary authorizations-notify patient and ordering provider of schedule information and coordinate scheduling of clinic follow-up for patient after test is completed.
Demonstrate understanding of medical records number system and how to use it to access and organize patient information Work in team setting with moderate to high stress levels, able to flow instructions from direct supervisor and/or provider and be accountable for completing assigned tasks, accountable for conduct toward and services provided to patients, participate in clinic wide customer service initiatives and programs, complete and file appropriate billing sheets for braces, maintain cleanliness and organization of clinic spaces, ensure all patient information is filed per department policy and keep patient exam rooms appropriately stocked.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Standing for long periods of time: Lifting weights >50lbs
Critical thinking, customer service, multi-tasker, health care experience.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
AEHR, SCM and APM preferred. BSN degree preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience in an ambulatory clinic.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience in Orthopaedics.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe your nursing experience in detail.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter