International Student Services Assistant Director
International Student Services Assistant Director
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09357
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level J, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $60,429 to range mid-point of $74,024. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $60,429 to $87,621)
Job Close Date: For Best Consideration Apply by March 30, 2018
PCC is seeking an International Student Services Assistant Director who, under the general supervision of the Director of International Education, manages and directs the international education program staff district-wide and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of immigration, academic and student support services provided to international and domestic students, exchange visitors, and international visitors. The incumbent interacts with other departments of the college and community resources to assure that students receive effective services.
Best Consideration Date: March 30, 2018
1st (Semi-Finalists) Interviews Scheduled: Week of April 23, 2018
2nd (Finalists) Interviews Scheduled: Week of May 14, 2018
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- Together with the Director, responsible for development, implementation, and review of strategic enrollment management for international students.
- Responsible for budget implementation and expenditure monitoring for assigned international student services areas.
- In collaboration with the Director, supervises academic professionals, technical/support staff, and student workers. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends the dismissal of staff as necessary.
- In collaboration with the Director, recommends, develops, and administers policies, procedures, manuals, guides, and processes in support of the operations of the Office of International Student Services (OISS); implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes. Responsible for the security and confidentiality of applicable records.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic plans and goals for the OISS.
- Performs independent analyses of the international admissions and orientation programs to determine whether goals are being met; implements corrective action in collaboration with the Director.
- Prepares and delivers presentations regarding the OISS; facilitates/attends meetings within the OISS and on behalf of the OISS within PCC; attends professional conferences and training sessions. Participates on committees at assigned campus and district level and with international associations as required.
- Advises students, faculty, and staff on a variety of issues related to international programs services and activities.
- Supports the International Student Ambassador and International Peer Leader programs; assists with the recruitment of student worker positions placed in various student services departments across the district.
- Supports the International Student Life Team.
- Assists the Director as liaison between the OISS and PCC student services departments, academic departments, district offices, etc.
- Serves on behalf of the International Student Services Director when unavailable.Oversees all operations and directs staff in the absence of the Director.
- Serves and maintains status as a Designated School Official (DSO) for the College.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, administration/management, social science, or related discipline (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Three years progressively responsible experience related to area of assignment, including two years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Budget and financial principles;
Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
Developing operational policies, manuals, guides, and other related materials;
Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Please attach a document listing how you meet the following Special/Preferred Qualifications for the position:
- Preference will be given to applicants with degrees in Global Studies, International Affairs, International Education, Social Sciences, International Business, Marketing, Foreign/Modern Languages, or other related field.
- Experience with large and complex projects
- Experience working as a Designated School Official (DSO) or Primary Designated School Official (PDSO)
- Experience working in international and/or cross-cultural settings
- Professional working proficiency in multiple languages (including English)
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state in detail how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.