Program Specialist, College Advancement
Program Specialist, College Advancement
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09353
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 20; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $3,446 to $3519 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College is looking for a Program Specialist to join the College Advancement Team.
The Program Specialist provides a wide range of support to the Advancement Office and program services. In this position, you will perform an array of duties including support of Foundation, Government Relations, and Public Affairs & Community Engagement. In addition, you will work closely with leadership to manage information from the Advancement Office, support events, write and prepare materials and represent the Advancement Office with internal and external constituencies.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides programmatic support for units within the Advancement Office.
2. Participates in the writing and editing of websites, press releases and other media.
3. Oversees details of sponsorships and leads for Community Engagement activities. Maintains media tally sheets.
4. Develops and disseminates agendas for various meetings, represents PCC and takes appropriate minutes.
5. Maintains Foundation Board calendar, manages board information including legal documents, biographies, terms of service and other items
6. Assures board business is conducted in accordance with annual plan, i.e. election of officers, audit presentations, and board retreats.
7. Schedules lobby visits and prepares materials for lobbying efforts.
8. Prepares follow-up correspondence including memos, thank you letters and general documents.
9. Attends committee and other meetings as assigned, represents PCC, and writes summaries of meetings.
10. Monitors Higher Education Coordinating Commission and other agencies for issues impacting PCC.
11. Provides general legislative research, including reviewing bills progress through state and federal legislatures.
12. Provide general event support including preparation, attendance and clean-up.
13. Coordinates with internal college resources, support services and external agencies.
14. Coordinates and interacts with program customers and recipients.
15. Assists with fiscal activities such as budgeting, seeking or administering grant funds and associated fiscal tracking and reporting.
16. Creates and maintains Advancement Office records and files, including electronic and paper records.
17. Positions in this classification
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements: (Note - Experience requirements use full-time equivalent)
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Political Science or related. (Related experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
- Two years of related experience
Important Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Administrative best practices;
- Customer service principles;
- Records maintenance principles and practices;
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Compiling and analyzing data and preparing a variety of reports;
- Using computer technology and operating a variety of office equipment, such as Microsoft Office, Google Mail and Calendar, etc.;
- Using various resources to research questions and find appropriate answers;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and community members;
- Collaborating with external agencies;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory changes.
- Build relationships on campuses, district-wide and within the community;
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally;
- Effectively prioritize work requests;
- Evaluate and update and/or revise program materials;
- Listen and respond to information effectively;
- Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes;
- Maintain confidentiality.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Additional education beyond the minimum qualifications.
- Additional demonstrated experience beyond the required 4 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, preferably for a senior level administrator.
- Experience with diverse populations in a multicultural setting.
- Experience drafting correspondence and serving as a liaison representative to internal stakeholders, community groups, donors and supporters, and political leaders for a senior level administrator.
- Experience working as part of an administrative team and is willing to cover for other administrative personnel as needed.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume or CV
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.