Research Associate-Fixed Term
The new research group of Dr. Harada in the area of Extracellular vesicles (EVs) in the Department of Biomedical Engineering (https://www.egr.msu.edu/bme/) and the Institute for Quantitative Health Sciences at Michigan State University is seeking a Research Associate (post-doctoral). The Harada Lab focuses on studying a role of EVs (mainly exosomes and microvesicles) in disease development and chemotherapeutic resistance, also on developing EV-based gene therapy for diseases such as type 1 diabetes and cancer.
The project will focus on developing a EV-based treatment using molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry with human cells, tissues and in vivo mouse models. The candidate with significant and published experience in molecular/cell/cancer biology or experience in extracellular vesicles using in vivo and in vitro models is preferred. Additional skills in bioinformatics are positively evaluated.
Specifically, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Carry out experiments and generate high quality data involving EV-related technologies;
- Evaluate, adopt, develop and optimize the existing and novel technologies in the field of EV research;
- Follow the literature, write manuscripts and funding applications;
- Make local and external presentations related to EV research;
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students in the lab
The position is available for 1 year with potential for renewal based on performance and funding.Required Degree
Doctorate -Medical Science/BioscienceMinimum Requirements
The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Medical Science, Bioscience or related field and no more than 3 years postdoctoral experience. Applicants with MD degree and at least one year postdoctoral research experience are eligible to apply.Required Application Materials
Please submit your CV; names and contact information for three referees who may be contacted if requested by the department; a letter explaining your experience, career goals, and interest in the position; and up to three relevant publications.Special Instructions
Review of applications will begin on 3/26/2018 and will continue until filled.
Please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Masako Harada ([email protected]), for more details.
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue, and body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precaution;
- Work with animals and unfixed animal tissue.