Posting Number: 0000764
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $30,874 - $33,961 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Business Operations
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position serves as the Information Specialist for the Center for Workforce and Community Development (CWCD) courses/programs. The main responsibilities are course file compliance, as well as customer service related functions. This person will have knowledge of Lee College and of the Center's programs and will answer the questions that customers may ask, as well as provide relevant program information to Center personnel and know where to obtain information. First point of contact for students requiring additional program information, answering questions, and providing guidance on course selection options. Assist with coverage of the Center's Live Support Chat.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional and high quality customer service by answering phones and responding to the Center's information requests for class and/or program information.
- Follow-up with students to ensure inquiries for information have been completed.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Center's courses and programs; Advise students on requirements to complete courses and programs.
- Review and analyze program related suggestions to Director of Business Operations/Program Managers based on student feedback, evaluation survey reports, phone contact, or other community requests.
- Maintain the CWCD Student Evaluation Database that includes distribution/collection, data entry, and report generation.
- Prepare and maintain course files for SACS and THECB, confirm Center files are in compliance.
- Input student grades in registration software; after course completion, disseminate packet contents to appropriate person and/or location.
- Assist Program Managers with research for new program/class development.
- Review student's background check reports and testing scores to verify program eligibility, discuss results with students, and work with student/Program Managers on students not meeting program criteria.
- Collect, review, and distribute Class Proposal Forms submitted online by potential instructors.
- Assist Director of Business Operations with special projects, meeting preparation/material development, and presentations - primarily for staff meetings, departmental meetings, or other special projects.
- Update CWCD student contact information (including address, phone, etc.) in registration software and collaborate with Admissions Office if credit student.
- Serve as point of contact to respond to CWCD general email and other email inquiries.
- Train new employees and student assistants on Student Manager Registration system, reports, etc.
- Monitor enrollment and prepare CWCD Weekly/Monthly/Semester Enrollment Status Report.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and maintain CWCD Course Classroom Schedule; collaborate with college designee in obtaining classrooms on campus.
- Input all CWCD work orders to Physical Plant, IT, and Marketing and Public Relations; follow up on status.
- Assist with coverage of the Center's online Live Support Chat.
- Serve as backup to Accounting Technician (balance daily deposit reports/daily cash drawer deposits/purchase request entry/payroll).
- Assist in answering main phone line and assist with registration (payments, daily deposits); Assist in communicating to students regarding refunds/class cancellations, etc.
- Stay current on student services information.
- Stay current and maintain proficiency on technology office applications skills, and customer service related duties.
- Stay current on student services information.
- Operate various office equipment.
- Assist with internal and external events where W&CD are represented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of the Internet, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong business and organizational development skills
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to research and document findings and conclusions
- Excellent analytical skills with proven skills in managing self and others across different organizational boundaries
- Work evening and weekends as required
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Five (5) years of related experience in customer service and/or higher education student support services
- Knowledge of registration software
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 3/23/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4762
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.