Assistant Dean, Admissions
ABOUT POMONA COLLEGE:
Located near Los Angeles, California, Pomona College is widely regarded as one of the nation's premier liberal arts colleges. Established in 1887, Pomona College is known for small classes, a challenging curriculum, close relationships between students and faculty, and a range of student research and leadership opportunities. Pomona is a member of The Claremont Colleges.
The Assistant Dean, Admissions assists with the coordination of various diversity-related Admissions programs, including campus events, off-campus programs, and college counselor outreach. This individual will also travel and manage a recruitment territory and advise students interested in Pomona on issues related to admissions, student life and financial aid. The Assistant Dean will be responsible for communicating the value of a liberal arts education to diverse audiences; this individual will be part of a diversity recruitment team working to reach out and engage potential first year and transfer applicants on the benefits of a Pomona College education. This position reports to the Associate Dean, Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working with high school students and counselors is required.
- Experience at an academic institution is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required or equivalent means of reliable transportation to off-site meetings and events.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work both independently and as a collaborative member of the College in support of the College’s strategic vision and the division’s annual goals with the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well the ability to exercise good judgment and complete work with accuracy and attention to detail.
The regular hours for this full time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours will be required. Travel will be required to visit assigned national territory. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the College or division.
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
Regular / full-time / exempt. Starting salary: $4,241 per month.
POMONA COLLEGE REWARDS:
Pomona College offers a wide variety of benefits and perks including health, dental, and vision plan options; paid time off; flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits; tuition assistance; fitness and wellness programs; rideshare incentives; and so much more! Pomona College prides itself in being an open, competitive, and equal opportunity employer.